Monday, February 17, 2014

Red Stories last night and more

I'm thankful for another great Red Stories show last night. Imani Tolliver was the feature and did a beautiful job. I'm glad Donny was there and agreed to share a piece to open. I have wanted Imani and Donny to get to experience each other's work for some time now.

After the show Nspire and I went to Denny's and got super slow service due to being short staffed, but still... And the veggie burgers were only so so. That's not important. Fact is, I'm glad we got the time to chill. It's been a very emotional weekend for me. I was trying to be of service to others and was not taking care of myself as I should have. Even receiving words and energy that were not mine to hold, I held. The break I took from my meds didn't help.

I'm feeling some kind of way right now because I may have to cancel my therapy. It has helped me so much this past year and has been the only thing I really do for myself. Truthfully I just can't afford it right now. Also truthfully, I can't afford not to be in therapy right now. Lord knows I have my days.

I'm sending prayers to a special friend dealing with very personal and trying family issues. I hold him and his family close to my heart. I am thankful he reached out to me to talk. I am thankful he knows the love I have for him.

I need to take these meds tonight. To sleep. To shut my brain down for a minute. To figure things out. Somewhere I made a wrong decision and I need to get back on track. I don't know what that looks like in reality right now but I trust God to show me the way. I trust myself to follow.

Ashe.

P.S. My sister and Connie came out to Red Stories and that made me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment