Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Spoken word

I am thankful for words today. For all of the words that I have to give. Words that have spilled accidentally and purposely from my mouth out into the world. Words that have healed. Words that kept someone alive for another moment. I am thankful for the words God spoke through God's self when He, when She created all life. I am thankful for the ability to pull on words through prayer and meditation and song and poetry and memories. I am thankful for words formed through gut laughter with friends. I am thankful for the medicine that words are.

Words are clay. Did you know that? Did you know that words are as thick as clay and dirt and mud? Words are brick and stone. Words built this ground we walk on. Words, my words will build my tomorrow. My words about abundance and health and safety and love and protection and peace. These are my words. This is the world I am building for myself.

I have chosen unwisely in the past. I have used my own words against me and they bit me. But what else were they to do but bite? Then I was blind to my power. I am a powerful woman. Woman. Woman. A powerful woman with words in my hands and heart and art and on my tongue and in my mouth. Watch me. Just you watch me create!

No comments:

Post a Comment