Wednesday, May 28, 2014

World Stage

11:49pm. Home from The World Stage. As usual it was a blessed experience. Mahogany Wordsmith was featured tonight. She read more of her work than I had ever heard before and I was glad I was there to experience her. Dee Dee McNeil was there for a portion of the workshop. She was just in the neighborhood and stopped by. I was glad I got a chance to tell her how much I appreciated her email from the night we featured together at Maverick's Flat at the Still Water's event. She is such a legend and for her to remember me and personally take the time to message me about how she felt about my work meant so much to me. She said she would come back to The Stage, I hope she does. Alex read a poem tonight he has been working on for years, literally. I was proud to see him up reading it and being able to hear how much he had developed it. I love that young man. For years he's been like a little brother to me. My 6'4" little brother.

Tomorrow at Vibrations A Kold Piece is featuring for Thursday Night Vibes. I'm looking forward to seeing that too. Gotta sell some more art because filling up my gas tank for the week is necessary like right now. But watch God work God's self out in my life.

I haven't been able to get online at home for a couple of days and thankfully I am tonight. I'm going to straighten up this room a bit, find an easy show to watch and curl up.

Vanessa, if you're reading this, hugs and prayers to you. You already know.

No comments:

Post a Comment