Tuesday, May 6, 2014

An ode a day for May 2014 - day 6 - To the artists in my life

Ways we weave words from restless sky
Turn them into fruit and green
Stand on tippy toes
Raise arms reach fingertips to sun
See how we dance
See how we write

I see you
I see you

Scribble rough draft musings early in chocolate dark hours
Till characters make sense
Or dollars
Stanzas come crawling from the gutters of our brains
Leaky pens blue up palms
We write
Like right and wrong don't matter

You are appreciated
You know

You painters
You cloud chasers
You photographers
You drummers

I hear you
You think I don't hear you

You candle makers

Look at this hair
Look at this make up
Look at this dress

Look how we werk

Who's tired
What tired
Give up when
What

I feel you
I know you
I look like you
I am like you
I am you
I you
You
Us

Way we keep revolution
Revolving

No comments:

Post a Comment