Thursday, May 8, 2014

An ode a day for May 2014 - day 8 - To red

When I was a little girl
I had a red coat I wore everywhere
Everywhere every where
It didn't go with anything
I was safe in that coat
I was invisible
I could fly
I was Robin
I could Fly Robin Fly

In the house I grew up in we had a red porch
I was safe on my red
In my red

I would play pretend grown up in red lipstick
With a red scarf
In my red coat
On my red steps

Since then it is always my go to
The red bag
Red rug
Red stories
Red paint
Journals
Pillowcase
Comforter
Broom
Whatever

Last night I had a dream I could fly
Fly
Fly
And I had this big red cape
That covered the sky
And I was invisible
Again
And I could fly
Fly
Fly

I'm so magic
I'm so fly
Every time red
All the time
How red made me smile

No comments:

Post a Comment