Thursday, May 22, 2014

Gratitude

I am thankful today for plants at my wake up
For music in my ears
I am thankful for my son and all of his positive teachers
For my friends and family
I am thankful for thankful
For the ways water returns to earth
For the waves in the ocean
I am thankful for the animals that roam
For sweet sweet dreams
I am thankful for dances
For the memory of lovers
Of hands tracings backbones
I am thankful for songs that port me to yesterday and tomorrow
I hear you drums
I hear you bass
I am thankful for you
I am thankful for goodness
For kindness on my path
For my hair and feet
I am thankful for freedom
For delight and my hands
For swinging easily in the air
I am thankful for the men in my life
For the women who hold my head
For prayer
For the always prayer
For a Mother who listens
For a Father who knows
I am thankful for the delight of knees bending
For spinning around
Around
With fingers spread open wide
I am thankful for my friends
For my family so wonderful
For the good in the world
For the world
For time
I am thankful for time

No comments:

Post a Comment