Monday, November 12, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 12 - part 2 - Dear Mary

It's 2:42pm and I'm at work. Therapy was a blessing as usual. I left the coffee shop this morning to go to my car. On the way there I saw a woman, I am tempted to call her homeless but what do I know about where she lives? I saw a woman pushing a cart with no shoes on. It was a chilly morning and I remembered that I had a pair of shoes in my car. I was excited about giving her my shoes. Happy that she wouldn't have to walk the street with her skin touching the cold concrete. I held out the shoes to her and asked her if she would like them. To my surprise, "No, thank you" was her response. I didn't know what to make of that. Still don't. She seemed very clear. Looked me in the eyes and understood what I was offering her and still, nope. Uraeus says I turn everything into a life lesson. He's right. I've been thinking about the lady since I left. Not everybody wants what we have to offer. We think they need our things and our selves but not everybody wants them, or us. What a lesson, Mary.

No comments:

Post a Comment