Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 3 - Dear Mary

Its 1:13am and I am at home. Just got in from picking up Uraeus. As always, it was a long and sweet journey. I wish I could remember the jokes Uraeus told. I'm tired. I can't. I stole glances of him sleeping though. That never gets old. Did you ever have a baby, Mary? Do you know what it's like? To look over at your son, to see his chocolate face, his locks sneaking past his eyelids? It is a sight that heals.

I am very tired and I must rest. You are welcome in my dreams. Please join me by some river. Let's talk on a rock, a blanket, under a tree. Where ever. Tell me about your life. Tell me about air over there.

I am very tired, sweet aunt. Very. I will rest and connect with you in my dreams. If not there, when I awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment