Tuesday, November 13, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 13 - part 2 - Dear Mary

6:09. Still at work. I'm well. So, I read an article today that a church, I forgot where, somewhere in the United States though, has accepted a man as pastor who is a convicted sex offender and because he cannot be within a certain distance of children under eighteen years old, then the children are not allowed at the church on Sundays. Mary, I think this is a tragedy. It's horrible that already our children are not safe in way too many churches but this, to me, just adds insult to an already scandalous injury. Why would they do this?

I have grown. Grown to a place where I do not demonize the predator. He or she is not the monster boogieman. That would be too easy. I have grown to see them as people. I didn't before. But because they are people does not, in my opinion, give them right to head a church and ban certain members based on their age and based on social limitations by the court. What do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment