Thursday, November 22, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 22 - part 2 - Dear Mary

O Mary, it's 11:08pm and Love and I are just getting in from having Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I have so much to tell you. I know that I won't go into the story as deeply as I would like because I want to chill before going to bed. That and there are conversations I still need to process.

Here are some of the things I want to tell you though:

1. Therman told me that your birthday is November 30, 1937!
2. I was in Rustin, Louisiana with my grandmother for a reunion and I remember her taking us to visit a graveyard. Therman was there too and he told me tonight that your grave was one of the graves we visited! O my! I do recall being there but not going to your grave.
3. My grandmother, your mother was twenty years old when she had you. I always thought she was much younger.

We talked about you tonight, Mary. We did. Were you there with us? Could you feel us, hear us? What part of today was your favorite? The children are all getting so big aren't they? I am thankful for you. Thankful for your life. Thankful that you are a part of me.

More tomorrow but I wanted to get that out as soon as I could.

O Mary, I love Love. Can you tell? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment