Friday, November 30, 2012

NaNoWriMo - Day 30 - part 2 - Dear Mary

It's 11:07pm and I'm in my hotel room in D.C., Springfield really. The flight was easy and I slept through a lot of it. Even managed to get a lot of work done. The event at the church tonight was uplifting. So uplifting. Every time I work with them I am so inspired. Renewed. I work with an organization called WomanPreach as the artist in residence. Did I tell you that already? Anyway, tonight Catherine lead the ice break session and even from the beginning I had chill bumps. The women went around in a circle and talked about the social justice issues they were passionate about. These women, these amazing, powerful, passionate women. I should have written all of them down to tell about each one. I didn't though.

Well, Mary, I started these letters to you thirty days ago for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and today is officially the last day. I'm glad to say I completed it. I had more to say on some days then I did on others but I did finish. This was my first one. I look forward to doing it next year. I also look forward to April of next year for National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo). I learned some things about you. The most fascinating I guess is that your birthday is today! What a coincidence! Not that I believe in coincidences. But you know. I will write you more. Perhaps not every day, but today will not be the last day. I do love you. Even though we never met (really). Even though I have never known the sound of your voice (really). Even though there are questions I may never have answers to. All of that is ok. I do love you and I'm glad we got to spend this time together. So glad. I hope you got to know me more too.

It's 11:23 now and I'm quite tired from the day, the flight, the early morning, just tired and I must be up early in the morning. I'm going to go to bed now. Thank you again. For everything.

Before I leave I want to share something interesting I am experiencing. Basically, I'm experiencing normal and easy. Before it was a feeling I used to scare away. Always waiting for the other shoe to drop. Like I couldn't possibly have a moment of my life when it wasn't stress and crazy. And by normal and easy I don't mean easy like I have no concerns. I do. I'm just getting better at recognizing and breathing through my triggers. My self talk is often and loud. Whatever I can do to keep me feeling even.

I'm sleepy. Very sleepy. I know it's the last day of NaNoWriMo but let's talk later, ok? Take care, Mary. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment