Monday, September 2, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 244 - Night before

Tonight is the eve of my birthday
The day I was born
I was born
I was given a name and a life
I was given feet and wings
I am fly
I am clouds and words
I am so many words
I am journals and folders
Sticky notes
I am ideas for the next American novel
About a brown girl with struggles and dreams
Who leaps tall predators and racist employers
I am every flower I wanted for my bookshelf but didn't have the money for
I was born
I was given a life
I was given a mic and a stage
An audience a bright light
I was given emotions and heart
Emotions authentic raw ready
Are you ready
I have searched myself
All this human being I have become
All this woman I have fit myself into
All this kiss I have for you and for me
All this love I have to fall into
I was given life
Heart
Art
Words
Play
Love
Look at all this be
I have become

1 comment:

  1. indeed... you are words, paint, movement... with wings and platforms.

    ReplyDelete