Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 267 - Another bus story

Walk from Western to Crenshaw to catch the 210 south
There is a bus that runs to Crenshaw but why miss the wind on my face while I got it
Why not give my legs chance to stretch while I can

Press bus pass
Find seat
Plop easy next to black metal kid with skateboard and black nails
That's cool
In front of two black men talkin' shit
One has a three year old boy with him
Whatever
Talkin' 'bout Gardena, Hawthorne, Torrance ain't shit
He rollin' down south with his mama
Homeboy say fuck you with yo country ass
They laugh

He ain't goin' down south with his mama
How do we all just know

Another black man eyeballs another black man too long
What you claim
Motherfucker, my name is Gerald
How many motherfuckers name Gerald you know bang

We all laugh

And went on about the ride

No comments:

Post a Comment