Monday, October 14, 2013

Bus story gone painful

Today on the 710 bus line on Crenshaw and Century a black woman who seemed to be in her early thirties raced fiercely for the bus I was on. I could hear her voice squeaking from across the street. I bet against her in my mind. When she made it across the street and was just a reach away from the bus she slipped and her body, all but her feet, went under the bus. Under. The. Bus. The passengers in the back yelled to the driver "Wait! Put your breaks on! Don't move!" Thankfully she was saved and eventually sat safely on the bus.

I am grateful to God for saving the woman's life. I am in love and deep appreciation to the community of voices on the bus that were lifted for her safety. I am fuzzy over hood moments like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment