Saturday, October 12, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 284 - Gratitude

I start this morning in love. In peace and prayer. In quiet and concern and happiness. I begin this day with knowing. Knowing that life is doing what life does. Life is providing lessons to be learned and pathways to be explored. I am thankful. I am thankful for my son. For his experiences on his journey. For his happiness. For the isness of him. I am thankful for the village that rears him. I give thanks and praises for my friends and family. For the easy on my head in this moment. I am joyful. I am blessed. I am beautiful and brilliant. I am wrapped so comfortably in the blanket of my community. I am thankful for art, for poetry, for words and photos and skies spread so perfectly. I am thankful. I am so wonderfully thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment