Friday, June 19, 2009

On the path

Lately my meditation has been walking and working in the yard. Here in Georgia it has been hot as JAWGA all day so I've been doing more working in the yard than walking. Don't know if it's the air, the trees, the peace, but I can hear God's voice so clearly lately. No really, I can hear it. Maybe I've just been allowing myself to be still long enough for it to be clear. While kicking up weeds and potting new plants I heard it today. "Love what and where you are. Stay on the path and don't compare your life to anyone's."

As I thought about this I remembered reading about James Baldwin. He said that when he was working on a story or essay he tried not to read the works of others so that he could get his own voice in his work. That's the part of my path I'm on.

No comments:

Post a Comment