Saturday, April 16, 2011

Writing tip

I was reading my blog the other day and I noticed that I say blessing a lot. Blessing in some form. I was blessed by this or that. This, she, he, they or it was/were a blessing. It's lazy writing though. Because the word itself doesn't provide anything for the reader. Blessed how? The writing would be more descriptive to say what opened up for me through what/whomever I am describing as a blessing. What is there for me that wasn't there before? What new insight? What old insight reminded? What feeling? What smells, tastes, sounds? Blessing how?

I acknowledge that this is a blog and not a manuscript to be submitted, it is still a way, my way of communicating with the world. One of the ways I communicate with the world. So in effort to have my communication be as clear as possible, and to grow more as a writer, I will try to replace blessing with more descriptive sentence. Sometimes. And other times I will just be lazy and get through the post as quickly as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment