Friday, December 21, 2012

Hospital with my mother day 7

5:39am. Hospital. Good morning all. It's officially day 7 of my mother being in this hospital. God is good. I can say that. I am thankful this morning for hospital and staff and skilled professionals who monitor my mother with needles and beeps from machines. With charts and x-rays and technology. With all of it. I am thankful for all of it. For the meals they bring her and jokes that are rarely funny but so what and water and phone and Internet service. I am thankful. I am thankful that I am counting days of my mother being here and the number is rising and I am thankful my mother is where I can see her and count. I am thankful for counting. Thankful for prayer and free writing that eases my mind. A little. Thankful for the little bit of hair on my head that I have (for now) that I can twist with my fingers and busy my hands when writing is not an option. Writing is not always an option you know. Not even this free write with no structure. Like this post. Though my blog has been so filled with no structure these days that I should rename my blog free write to prepare the readers. You. I am thankful for you. All of you who are with me on this journey. I exist because of you. We keep each other alive. Thank you Therman and Carla and you and you and you and others like you. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment