Friday, August 30, 2013

Lamar/Syria news

I am sorry that we live in a world where Lamar Odom being arrested for DUI this morning is bigger news than people in line for gas masks to live and breathe. Not that it's not news. It is news. It is sad and a situation I hope will get better for Lamar and his family. Just, we are so star obsessed. So much so that what is happening in the lives of people who are not in front of the cameras on the daily seems to mean so little.

I am watching the news right now and there are reporters and paparazzi surrounding the police station where Lamar is just to get a shot of him. Listen, I understand, photographers gotta get paid too. I just can't help but to wonder the education we could give to the world by interviewing and taking pictures of that family in Syria nervously praying against a bomb on its home.

It is naive of me to think that every day news should just stop because bombs and missiles are aimed to kill other human beings. Perhaps. Perhaps it is very naive of me. But still.

No comments:

Post a Comment