Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gratitude

I am thankful today for the moments
All of them
The ones filled with anxiety
The ones that were peaceful
Moments I spoke with loved ones
Moments I felt and saw the sun
I am thankful that I was witness to this day
Thankful for my son here with me
Thankful to hear his stories
Funny as they are
Charming as he is
Thankful for being pulled over by an officer who was kind
Who gave me warning on expired tags
I am thankful for seeing my family
For good food
For Scrable games and card tables
Thankful for friends I can call early and be afraid of whatever
I am thankful for all the love in my life
Thankful for the moments my eyes closed for nap
I am thankful for prayer
For honesty
For the space to be as weak I need
I am thankful for love
Love all around me

No comments:

Post a Comment