Thursday, August 10, 2017

Work. Blessing. Tired.

9:35 pm. At home now. I went to work today and had a pretty easy time. Work sometimes is a blessing. My clients are awesome people. My youngest client is 97. Super smart man. I love talking to him and listening to his political ideas.

I'm feeling a little tired. Hopefully I'll get some good sleep tonight. I just got off the phone with my cousin in Texas and it was a joy talking to him. We recently reconnected and we picked up like nothing was ever lost. We knew each other but weren't close as children. Some of that is because he and his family lived in Texas and we were in Cali. So the only times I saw him were when they drove out here to visit. He spent some time out here when he was grown but we still didn't connect. As it turns out we knew some of the same people. Life is funny. We were in different places at the time and he didn't reach out. I do understand. Glad we are in each other's lives now. I finally got to meet his wife and daughter last year when WomanPreach had an event in Texas. Good times. That was such a great day. He jokingly asked me not to mention his name on my blog. He said he was kidding but there is probably a part of him that was serious so I won't mention his name. He knows who he is. Anyway we were talking tonight and lifting each other up. We need it. And from each other. It felt good being able to share my feelings with someone in my family and not have to censor them. Often I feel that my family, especially my immediate family can only deal with the happy me. When I'm all cheery and telling jokes. It seems hard on them when I have something deep to share. So I don't. I keep it to myself or tell my therapist or a friend. I understand that though. I do. It can be hard to hear that a loved one is dealing with something challenging and maybe they feel helpless. I don't know. I just try not to bring my heaviness around them.

Well, I'm off tomorrow but I have some work to do from home so I'll be busy with that for most of the morning. I'm going to try to get up early and get started so that I can have my evening free. Free to do what I don't now. I have no plans but I want it free to do whatever comes to me. Maybe I won't do anything. Maybe I'll type in this blog all night long. Whatever I want to do.

In other news, my friends and bought me a ticket to go with them to see Jill Scott next Wednesday! Yay Jill! Yay friends! See, folks love me. They do. I'm looking forward to having a good time out with them.

As for me tonight I'm about to pack it in and get some sleep. Hopefully. Uraeus is fine and we are chillin'. Hope you're chillin' too.

Jaha

No comments:

Post a Comment