Saturday, August 12, 2017

Better. Rested. Concerned.

Good afternoon. It's 12:59 pm and I am at home. I'm feeling better today. I got some good rest last night. Didn't get to sleep until late but when I did go I was out. I'm heading out to Long Beach in a little while with Uraeus. My mother is at the house alone and we will be there to keep her company until my sister and her family get back.

I'm concerned about what's going on in the world. Last night a group of white racists gathered with torches and marched in Charlottesville. This is 2017. 2017! A car, driven by a white man plowed into a crowd and killed someone and injured others. I don't know how many. It's so serious out here. It is hard enough living as a person of color in America and every day it is more and more challenging. Traci Blackmon asked "How can we be unarmed when the weapon they fear is our blackness?" Such a great question.

So, y'all pray. Y'all march. Y'all fight. Let's do what we have to do to keep surviving.

1 comment: