Thursday, November 6, 2014

Family

I don't have any poems about Ferguson
Because all of my poms are about Ferguson
All of them are about my boys and girls
With hands up or not
All of them are about my brothers and sisters
Screaming
All about mothers and fathers
Make me wanna holler

Fire
Fire
The streets are on fire
Fire
Fire

Do you know your neighborhood cop
Your neighborhood protector

Lightening
Lightening
Lightening

Fire
Fire
Fire

Blood
Blood
Blood

Body in street
For hours
Hours
Hours

Black is not cause for arrest
Black is not cause for harassment
Black is not cause for death

White is not right
White is not right for fight
For shooting on sight

These words
These are just words
Just poems
Just stanzas

These are my words
About Ferguson
About family
About fists raised
About riots
Riots
Unrest
Unrest
Police will not rest
We will not rests
Jesus be a rest all around me

The streets are on fire
Our children are holding down the streets
Our children are dying in the streets
Streets
Streets are holding up bodies
Bodies
Bodies
For hours
For ours

No comments:

Post a Comment