Friday, November 14, 2014

Bed. Uraeus's birthday. Love.

It's 7:05 pm and I am at home. This would normally be my end of the night free write but tonight, it's my warm up. I have a lot of writing to do this weekend. An article due tomorrow by midnight and two stories due by 4:30 on Monday for my class. I'm behind. Apartment hunting took a lot of attention and now that that's over I can get caught up on some things. I'm moving slowly. I gave notice to be out of here on the first and I'm probably going to use every single day to move. I moved quite a bit this morning before class, so no, I didn't go swimming. Moving things from an upstairs room to an upstairs apartment by myself ain't no punk. Watch how sexy Imma be. What I'm doing now is taking something to my vehicle every time I go to car. One bookcase, one book, one sweater, one painting, one something at a time. And I'll be moved.

Thanks to an angel from God my bed was purchased yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow between 3 and 7. I never understand four hour windows but...whatever. I'll be there with some thrown together bed linen waiting.

Today is my son's birthday. I'm incredibly proud of him. He hung out with friends yesterday and it seems will be doing the same tonight. I was scheduled to be at a WomanPreach event tonight in Connecticut but didn't want to be gone the same weekend as my son's seventeenth birthday. I hope I see him this weekend but I'm not sure I will. There are things going on. Mostly I want him to have fun. And be safe. We spent last weekend together and he knows his presents are here waiting. Even if we don't see each other this weekend I'm still glad I made the decision to stay (even though the money and experience would have been delicious). I just wanted to give him a choice to be down here or not. I didn't want to say to him that we had to celebrate his birthday another time because I was working somewhere else. There will be other shows. There will. I want him to have a good time.

I have an essay to write on the city of Inglewood that's due tomorrow night. I started a very rough draft and have forever more to go. I need this warm up right now. I'm staying in tonight. I'm getting some things done. This essay for one. Now that some space has been cleared in my head. Oh, same God angle has made it possible for me to copy my students' anthology without cutting it shorter. Praise God. Really. I know the most amazing people. I do. And I greatly appreciate the blessings bestowed upon me.

I'm eating bread again. I'm cutting it out again, soon. Not today though. But soon. Right now I'm munching on my favorite of comfort food. A spicy chipotle burrito with raspberry tea (no ice), and chips ( I got the combo - judge yourself).

So I hired the daughter of a very good friend of mine, my play niece, to go through my email every day. Except she has weekends off. She has been doing a splendid job. She totally gets why I hired someone to do the job. My email every day is a beast. Truly. She calls or sends time sensitive messages to my Facebook account. Love her! When I went to see her tonight, her mother (my friend) and my godmother were at the apartment. There was also a young man who is an astrologer/psychic. He was in the middle of giving V (godmother) a reading. It turned out, I was next. He did say some things that made a lot of sense. To some degree I do give weight to astrology. I sat there feeling my shoulders finally fall from the days work. My last day of class until January. I released the stress and worry over worry and worry money and urgency over how I'm going to cover bills during my time off. Doesn't it always work out? Didn't He, didn't He?! Won't He, won't He?! I began to feel relaxed from the mint, chamomile tea my niece handed me. Let my head rock back and forth to Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on," while slowing inhaling the incense T stuck in its planter. I never did figure out what it was. But it all had me easy.

It turns out, my sun in in Virgo and moon is in Gemini. "You don't like staying in the same place or the same job too long do you?" He asked.

"Nope."

"Have you had many jobs?"

"Yes."

"And are many of the drastically different from the others?"

"Yes. Even now I'm a writer and sometimes I work as a caregiver."

"That makes since. You wite a LOT!"

"I do."

"The caregiver thing is left over from your past life work. You were some kind of doctor, but a regular doctor. You dealt with some really, really sick people. You used to heal people with leprosy. And you were really good at it."

Oddly that didn't surprise me.

He said some other things I don't chose to share here but I'm glad I saw him. I left quickly so that I could use the last bit of daylight left to drop off another load from my home to my new home. I'm going to end this warm up and get started. I'm officially procrastinating. Also I took my meds already and they make me mad sleepy. Well, worst case, I'll get a draft done and work on it like a dog on a bone tomorrow.

I have a women's writing group to attend tomorrow around the same time as the bed is due. I've missed the last three months and hate to miss again. I gotta be there for this bed though. Also gotta get the essay done. We'll see. Early in the morning I'm going to load my car with as much stuff as I can get in it and unload while I'm waiting for the bed to come.

This sleeping pill is sooooo kicking in.

Let me get started on this essay. Oh, the fourth anniversary of Red Story is this Sunday. Come out if you can. It will be at the same place, Vibrations 2435 Manchester in Inglewood and same time, 7:30.

I hope to see y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment