Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New year. Pomona.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019 12:34pm. Pomona. Town Center parking lot.

Happy new year to you all! I'm thankful to be alive and thankful you are too! I'm sitting in the parking lot as Uraeus is in the store right now. I woke up with a sweet memory this morning. I don't know why I thought about this but who knows why certain thoughts pop into our heads. I remember when I was a little girl when we were at my paternal grandparents house in Little Rock, CA for Easter the girls would get purses. Sometimes they were new and sometimes they were passed down from my aunts or grandmother. The most exciting thing about getting an Easter purse was going around the house looking for things to pit in it. A brush, comb, socks, snacks, game cards, whatever.

Looking back, what was so beautiful about that was that we had no already baggage. We actually had to look for things to carry around and we could make our load as light or heavy as we wanted.

Today our lives are filled with stuff. With already baggage. Our purses are stuffed with bills and phones and makeup and books and all the other things that we need on a daily basis. I miss small barely filled purses. I miss carrying a purse because I thought it made me look grown up and not because I have to carry this stuff. Which leads me to another thought. How much stuff, literally and figuratively am I walking around with that I could easily just put down? I complain about a heavy load but how much stuff am I choosing to carry?

What about you? Are you carrying weight that you don't want and don't need? Well I'm going through my bag today. My bag and my life and unloading. I hope you get some weight off too.

Love yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment