Friday, September 4, 2009

My birthday praise - journal entry 09-03-09

Dear God,

Thank You for blessing me to see this day. My birthday. My 40th birthday. Thank You for the blessing of life, of love, peace, understanding, forgiveness. Thank You for the blessing of family, of friends, good health, home, food. For the blessing of the very everyday of who I am and what can do and handle in a day. I do recognize, with all of me that holds the ability to recognize, that live and breathe and have my being because You say so.

Thank You, Mother, Father, God, Creator, Peacemaker, Battle fighter, Provider, Protector, Giver of all things perfect and wonderful, thank You for who You are. Thank You for using my hands to touch and my feet to walk and lips and tongue to speak. I am only here to sing Your praises. I am only here to see You in myself, in others, in nature.

I let go, I release, I put down what I am holding onto that is not you. Fear, worry, any thought of myself that does not glorify You. I honor You by honoring myself as Your creation and therefore WONDERFUL. I will only represent You by presenting myself as love, as truth, as beauty, as light. And when I forget, to remember who I am, to remember whose I am, I recognize You, Father, as Reminder. I praise You as the Reconnector of myself to You.

I will trust in You with all my heart. In the face of the evidence not seen. In the face of the doubts of others. At the sound of people telling me what I cannot do, I will always remember that You can. I will always know that we are never separate. I will always thank You for living in me and knowing all, even before anything is known to anyone. There is nowhere that I am, that I could ever be, that You are not.

I praise You this morning. I lift my song and poetry and art and love and spirit to You. Thank You. I will honor You today by seeing You in everyone I meet. By seeing You everywhere I look. And so it is this day.

1 comment:

  1. Jaha,
    I really wanted to wish you a happy birthday 40yrs what a beautiful age for a beautiful women. I'm so honored that God has blessed me with such a wonderful and beautiful cousin. I pray that God will bless me with the confidence and beauty that he has given you. Your strength and humbleness is such a inspiration to me. I love you so much that woords could never express the closeness that you and I share. Stay just as you are BLESSED and HIGHLY FAVORED.
    Love you,
    Natascha M. Cole

    ReplyDelete