Thursday, July 4, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 184 - For V Kali



I see you
Fingers and feet 
Move
You keep moving
By bus
By truck
Passenger
Pedestrian
Wind
Broom

Brown eyes remember
Blessing
Trauma
Abuse
Praise
Raise flowers
Rear children
Feed needy
Hungry yourself for sun
For light shine on your face
It is your time
I see you

Secrets like memories
Like family like 
Clay live easy in your locks
Those lips will not complain
Will not scream
That skin like water
Like rose 
Marble as mirror
You see us
Take
Taking
Asking more 
Wanting all of you
It is your time though
Sit
Sit and tell us your stories
All those worlds greased in your scalp
Fry us some words
With fat
Drip messy with wisdom
We will listen
We will eat with our hands
From your hands

Teach us how to walk
The way you walk
Quiet and forgiving
Your tongue
That tongue
Never spoke a mumbling curse
Against those who cursed you
I see you

Sit with me
Atop this ledge
Let my feet dangle in rhythm with yours
2/4 stepstep stepstep
Fall your shoulders
Brows sleepy and kind
Wiggle your toes free in the breeze of my prayers
Your name love on my lungs 
Retire your ready to nurse
To sacrifice again again again
Cry, V
Dance
Spin your feet flip in the clouds
Just for fun

My fingers
Our fingers 
So many palms and elbows and arms
Heaven you like wall 
Like dome 
Like trouble don't want no trouble

Thank you
Did we tell you thank you
For being vault
And space
And connection 
For being Scorpio and witch
And wicked listener

We will listen, V
Venela
Kali
Flagg
Mother
Sister
Aunt
Friend
Whisperer

Fall your shoulders
Let us love you
Lift you
Hear us listen you large
We know who you are

Pen us sense cross your walls in red
Those words
Your words
Soft and metal like knife
Melt nice in my knowing
I love you 

Like you deserve


No comments:

Post a Comment