Monday, July 8, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 188 - For Vanessa



We never tea
We only meet in groups 
And speak nice
Hug necks 
Lock eyes
For a moment
Still you are shine and quiet in my peripheral
Beautiful and kind
Wind and space
Once I saw you laugh
And it made me laugh too
What was funny did not matter
Mattered was chuckle from your throat
I keep waiting
For words that you wrote
Lines memorized or no
The story of your own
About your mother
Your brother
What do I know about your life
Remember that time
Back stage before the show
I whispered my smile for you
Outside of your listening
To another that you know
Yours is the sweetest support
All of your hellos
Your seat at the show
Your nod at the close
We don't tea
We don't coffee or call
Connection is more fluid than liquid
Woman is thicker than conversation

No comments:

Post a Comment