Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 189 - You wanna know?



One.
At my best I am bird
My mother named me Robin for reason
She knew I would have wicked to rise above
I am fly so fast
I am tears disappear into cloud
Cape wild above my head 
How Wonder Woman I become 
When you fuck with my gangsta
You should listen to me pray

Two.
You should have made love to me 
So clumsy and genuine and butterfly
I petal like lotus 
At least once before you ask to touch my hair
It's true what they say 
About black women and hair
It is true what they say about me

Three and four.
An ex lover use to tell me how he hated the way 
I would exit my body and be off into space
He said it was spooky
This body sitting there
Come back distant and different than before
I have been told this
Again again 
Before

Five.
I am beginning to settle into my single
And am afraid to heart again
To raw, rinse, repeat again
(This is a new poem)

Six.
Sex

Seven.
It's all me
I am so love
And fearful and beautiful
And angry and fist
I am so om and feather and ugly
So tired and ready
So remember and apart
So mix
Heaven

Eight.
Eat

Nine.
The devil never made me do anything

Ten. Eleven. Twelve.
Love
Because you just never know

Thirteen.
Laugh
Luck
Loose

Fourteen through twenty-five.
(Left blank on purpose)

Twenty-six through infinity...
Forgive
Because hate is heavy
Than live







No comments:

Post a Comment