Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Dream. Black man. Black women.

I had a horrifying dream last night about watching a black man being whipped, with actual whips, by a group of black women. I was sitting in a car across the street and just as I was about to scream, he faced me and smiled. The women were laughing and he was enjoying the whipping. I was confused. Then he was released and a black woman wearing a beautiful long gown was being tied and the crowd was preparing to whip her. Because the man seemed to...um...enjoy it, I didn't know if this was some s and m thing I just didn't understand and I couldn't tell if the woman was a willing participant or not. Her resistance seemed real but I couldn't tell. Or I was afraid. And I was stuck. I needed to see her face. After they lashed her twice she turned to me and saw me staring at her. I was frozen. Somehow time passed and she was no longer tied to the tree and she wanted to know why I didn't help her. I froze again. What was I going to say? Somehow Oh, I was waiting to see if you liked being tied to a tree and whipped, weren't the right words. I don't know what happened after that. Eventually I woke up and was all, What the...???

No comments:

Post a Comment