Monday, July 27, 2009

DFR 2009

I leave Thursday morning from Atlanta to Chicago for the Davis Family Reunion! I'm excited about this reunion because I'll be with my family, be in Chicago (I love, love Chicago), I'll be with family I haven't seen in way too long. You know who you are, Angela, Robin! I'm looking forward to celebration togetherness, celebrating Therman's...return.

Therman has declared his position in the family as one of CONNECTION. And CONNECTION is showing up all around us. I have connected with Jackie and Jimmy more in the short time I've spent with Therman than I have the almost four years we have been in the same state. My communication with Robin has always been very infrequent, but lately we have been sharing ourselves with each other through blogs, email and prayer. I'm so looking forward to sitting down with her.

I found out recently that Ronnie and Jacquie will not be there. I'm still hoping that I'll be pleasantly surprised by them just showing up.

Uraeus has been spending most of the summer with my mother, Roshann, Donald, Reuben and Deja and I'm looking forward to seeing him (most of all). He will be coming back to Atlanta with me from there.

Look forward to updates on my trip to Chicago from the airport, the reunion and on the way back!

Also, thank you so much to Genevieve and Steve for hosting the reunion this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment