Monday, July 27, 2009

I. Just. Can't. Move. Right. Now.

I posted a blog earlier about viewing the world's issues. About how looking at life, outside of your own problems seem to make yours that much smaller. Well, not smaller really, because no food in the fridge is still no food in the fridge whether there are children starving in Africa or not. But often what we worry about is not as immediate as not having had food for a week. I'm saying that looking at the world outside of ourselves puts things in perspective sometimes.

For those of you who know me, really know me, then you know that I have not gotten over the drama of living month to month. Just haven't. Recession or not. Power bill is due tomorrow and I was sitting here thinking, "Umkaaaaayyyeee, bill is due tomorrow and I don't wanna be in the dark come Wednesday." $71.00 power is the problem of the world. Really?

Then I read an article about a woman in San Antonio, Texas who ate her three and a half weeks old baby's brain and other body parts claiming that the devil made her do it. "Three of his tiny toes chewed off, his face torn away, his head severed and his brains ripped out."

Possibly postpartum, some other mental illness, all speculations right now. Whatever the reasons though, her baby is dead. Her little boy is dead. Scott Wesley Buccholtz-Sanchez is dead.

And me and my power bill. You and your car payment. She with her manicure appointment and the ladies are charging too much these days. He with his Tahoe and gas is going up again. We are in our own worlds. I am in mine. Otty Sanchez is someones neighbor. Someone stood next to her in line at the corner store. Someone cut her grass. Someone rode behind her on the bus. No one knew.

Someone said that it is irresponsible to print problems without solutions. Maybe. I don't know. I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment