Friday, February 24, 2012

THE NIKEL chapter 25

Before the cruise, Obrey and Life went for a walk in Kenneth Hahn Park. "You called me. Are we here for the exercise?" Life asked sarcastically.

"We broke up."

"Figured that. What happened?"

"I was as honest with him as I could be about everything. Not just about us, our probelms started long before us. I told him I wasn't ready to get married. That even if I was, I don't think it would be to him. There's just no real trust with us. These days, everything I want from him I'm getting from you."

"Everything?"

She ignored the question. "With Amad, sometimes I feel so second to everything and everyone."

"What did he say?"

"He got angry. And in the end he said that he never wants to see me again."

"He didn't meant it. That's just the anger talking. It sounds like you still love him though."

"I do. I don't think I realized how much until the other day."

"What happened?"

"Willow and I had a fight."

"What? Everything ok?"

"It will be. We haven't talked since then and I feel strange about that. She was right though. She said that I've been spending so much time focusing on what Amad was doing to me and playing the victim. The more I thought about how unfair I felt he was, the more he would do. She said I wanted to be able to say 'look what he did to me' and now owning my part of the drama."

No comments:

Post a Comment