Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wanna play

2/16/12



I am an hour early for my dance class. Not really on purpose but because I haven't been in so long I forgot the time. But better early than late. Anyway, I am watching the ballet class through the window and there is this young girl watching with me. But not with me. She must have taken an earlier class because she is all dressed up in her ballet gear. 



As I am watching the class I am thinking "that looks so fun. I would love to just..." And before I can get the thought out the little girl is fluttering around on the floor next to me. Her hands are all in the air I like she don't care. Judge yourself, I could't resist the cliche. 



My point is that I admire the freedom of that child. She didn't care if I was looking at her. In fact, I think she hoped I was looking. She was doin' her. She had an inspiration and acted on it. Shame on me for letting the moment pass and not goin' for it. 



I took a moment to think about how many other moments like that I let pass. Like when Anita Baker's "Angel" comes on and I'm at the light and I don't sing the oooohhhh oooooooooh part at the beginning real loud because I might look dumb to the guy in the car next to me, who's not paying attention to me anyway. Duh. 



I wish I could say I'm gonna start seizing every moment but I'm probably not. But I am making a promise to myself to at least pay attention to the moments of fun I am allowing myself to pass by because my ego wouldn't let go to the lie it thinks it owns. Looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment