Sunday, September 9, 2012

After birthday party

Hello world. Thank you so much to all of you who came out to my birthday celebration. I had an awesome time. I laughed, laughed some more, talked, reconnected and got the best pair of shoes ever from Korlah. Thanks mama!

So glad Selome was there. I shared with her bits and pieces of my slump of a last week and told her that I thought it was because the herbs weren't strong enough. "But how many times did you cheat with sugar?" She quickly asked. I was honest, "A lot. A whole lot." So I'm gonna give it another try. I also cheated on my daily workout. Ok ok, I'll try again next week.

I'm so glad the children in my life were there, my son, niece and nephew. Was glad to introduce my friends to my mother, sister, cousin, brother in law and uncle. Saw some friends I haven't seen since high school. Some were from the church I grew up in. Others from my wonderful world of poetry. I'm thankful for all of them! All of you!

I'm shooting Alice the poet this morning so I had better get up and get goin. It's 11:58am and I need to be in L.A. by 1:00pm. I'll make it.

Enjoy your day all of you. I will. I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment