Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My body the messenger

Good morning all. It's 8:16 and I'm feeling great. Gotta get up soon and go to work. I slept well last night. Love it. I don't know why but last night I thought about a conversation I had with someone I was dating years ago.

We had been dating for over a year and some change and I was deep in an episode, but I didn't know it then. I remember he, the guy I was dating, kept telling me that I was chemically imbalanced and that I needed some help. I didn't listen because what did he know? Chemically imbalanced or not I knew that I was being drained in the relationship. So one day I told him.

"This relationship isn't healthy for me. I can't breathe."

"No, it's not that the relationship isn't healthy for you, it's that you're a runner and you just can't be still."

One of my biggest issues with him was that he often acted and spoke like he knew me better than I knew me. I knew whether or not a relationship was healthy for me. He went on about what I should do and how I should stay. And I felt lower and lower as he spoke. Not long after that conversation I left. It had really become a matter of life or death. Looking back, I'm proud I chose me. I chose life.

Our bodies speak to us in a language we can understand if we just listen. If we just breathe, pray, listen and obey. The instructions are there. Take time to listen today.

No comments:

Post a Comment