Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Another week at Debra's (from journal entry 8-1-11)

It's 4:49pm and I'm at Debra's for another week long assignment. Again Debra is full of weak agreements and strong disagreements. She has spent most of the day in bed. "I just don't want to and that's it" she says. She got up to eat and got back into bed. I gave her her pillows and pillow cases and she said "I just don't want to do that. I've been doing it all week."

Me: Well then who should do your laundry?

D: I said I would do it.

And she did and then went to sleep. I'm not pushing anything today. It's our first day together for a week and we may as well start on an easy note. It looks like I'm only off on Friday, then I'm back at Clara's Saturday and Sunday. How long is this schedule going to last? I can hang though. For now I can hang.

I was so sleepy this morning. Uraeus and I didn't end up going to the movies last night. A movie made the difference of me getting back to L.A. at 1 or 2 instead of 5 or 6am. Plus Uraeus had practice this morning and said he didn't want to be tired. Really, I think he just didn't want me to be tired driving home. He asked a couple of times if I was going to be ok coming home. I assured him that I would and told him that I would text him when I got back. I did. I got here this morning at 8 and was tired. Debra doesn't like to get started early anyway so I let her rest and watch television (activities she loves). She was in and out of being awake. So was I.

I'm thinking about starting a new collection of short stories. I don't know what it will be about yet though. Perhaps I'll work out a sketch of the book this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment