Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Da Poetry Lounge

I went to Da Poetry Lounge tonight on Fairfax and Melrose. The poetry was cool. I haven't been there in a few months and it was good seeing the large crowd of young folks sitting on the stage and filling the seats. I only stayed for the first half and enjoyed myself. There were four performers that really stood out for me. I don't remember any of their names but they were good. Plus Brotha Gimel was awesome as usual (dj) and Shihan hosted the first half and was his funny self.

I wish I had my notebook with me and I could have captured more specific moments of the night but...I didn't. It's about 11:30pm and the second half ends at midnight so they're still going at it about now. It's been years since I've seen the second half but I'll try to make it some time this year.

I'm off to bed now. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment