Monday, June 17, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 168 - Gratitude

I am thankful for this glorious day
For a healing and wonderful conversation with aunt/friend
I am thankful for hearing my mother's voice
For a conversation with a childhood friend
Even though it was about the death of a childhood friend today
I am thankful for his life
I am thankful for loving thoughts
To send for his family
I am thankful for home
For a day off
For rest
For backyard conversation with friend
I am thankful for water to drink
For rent paid
Art
Poetry
I am thankful for the fan blowing on my head
For the mirrors that surround me
Remind me my face
My arms
Legs
Eyes
Tell me I am beautiful
With my loving, giving self
I am thankful for the reminder to be kind to myself
I am thankful for order
For my son
My sister
Uncle
Family
For my friends
For clothes that cover my body
For pear oil to dab on my neck
I am thankful for my health
Words
For love
For peace
For good day
For sun
I am ever thankful for decent, caring people in my life
In the world
For light
Candle
Books
I am thankful today
For space

No comments:

Post a Comment