Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 169 - poem 2 - Gratitude

I am thankful for my self
I am thankful for small moments when
I see myself new
Again
I am thankful for time
Time to sit and stare into a mirror
Time to speak love to myself
To speak kind
To speak strawberry
To speak grapes
To speak colors all over myself

I am thankful for waking up this morning
For using my voice
For acknowledging my voice
For sharing and respecting my opinions
I am thankful that I recognize my opinions
As opinions
And not the rule of the world

I am thankful for every breath
I am thankful for song
For hum
For dance and feet to tap softly to
Music that butterflies the world

I am thankful for ladybugs
For summertime
I am thankful for the laughter of strangers
For the sound of ice cream trucks down my block
For black and brown and white
For red and yellow faces racing for
Single scoop of vanilla, chocolate
I am thankful for the Big Dipper with caramel and chopped nuts on top

I am thankful for words
Can you tell
Can you see I am thankful for my freedom
For your freedom
I am thankful for choice
And news

I am thankful for living for a living
In this moment
Living
Breathing
Until the next moment
And then the next

No comments:

Post a Comment