Sunday, June 16, 2013

A poem a day for 2013 - day 167 - Gratitude

I am thankful for sleep
For my head on pillow
My heart and mind in protective cacoon
I am thankful for family
And time spent together
For memories
Good ones and bad
For lessons learned
For determining not to repeat hurtful patterns
I am thankful for the ability to see love
For my mind set on using my words for good
For the desire to create good memories for my son
I am thankful to witness the play and conversation
Between son, niece, nephew
I am thankful that we are different and same
And all our own kind of special
I am thankful for my eyes opening this morning
I am thankful for this day
This Father's Day
I am thankful for fathers and friends
For my own father now resting in the forever tomorrow
I am thankful for love
I am thankful for thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment