Monday, October 14, 2019

Free write. Class. Writing again.

6:55pm. USC. I'm in class right now and the free write topic is to write about something I made it through. It's been a while since I have posted anything in this blog except pictures and paintings and I think this is a good time to jump back into words. I miss writing. I miss words. My writing muscle is getting flabby. And so am I. But that's another free write.

Something I made it through is a month of living in a hotel. Two hotels actually. We found another one near Cal State LA that is better looking, with better cable and is less expensive than the one we were in before so we took it. Things are improving. And things are still the same. Ain't that life? But we made it out of September. October 10 made a month since we left my cousin's house in Palmdale. Rent is due every day or every two days or however many days I can pay for at one time. And you know, truthfully, I wouldn't trade anything about this experience. I've spent a lot of money. That was the choice I had if we were going to sleep indoors though. I'm getting my paperwork together to show potential landlords how much we are able to pay and getting my money together too. I have literally had to come up with about $120 every day for the place and food. Before that's something that would have scared me shitless. It doesn't anymore. We made it every single day last month. We slept inside every night. We ate good food every day. We never ran out of gas. I didn't have to borrow from anyone. We made it through last month and I thank God that God was watching over us. I know a place is coming our way. I know more art sales are coming. I have shifted my focus from selling books and paintings to murals. I am still selling books and paintings though. But what I'm pushing right now is murals because I get more money for them.

My assistant just announced that we have two minutes left of the free write. I really didn't do the full assignment but hey. The lesson tonight was on descriptive writing and using the senses in writing. I didn't do that anywhere, but I do honor myself, as I honor each student for getting the story out. I'm glad I did. Well, that's the alarm. I'll chat more.

No comments:

Post a Comment