Monday, October 28, 2019

Free write

6:33pm. USC. CLI program. The lesson tonight is on inspiration and ways we inspire ourselves. The self talk we give ourselves. Out loud and in our heads. We are free writing for fifteen minutes. Let's see what comes up and comes out in fifteen minutes. Right now I am feeling pressure and these days I am constantly being my own cheerleader. Pulling scriptures I remember from the Bible. Pulling sermons from preachers and teachers I like and respect. Writing poems. My gratitude log every day, well most days, ok, some days, inspire me. I've been slacking on posting in this blog. Even though I pretty much say the same things in the log I am thankful that I can easily come up with things and people I am thankful for. No matter what I am going through I can still be thankful that I am able to see another day to go through it.

I'm seriously too much in my head right now. I have GOT to go back to seeing a therapist. This has NOTHING to do with how I am inspiring myself or what self talk I am giving myself. But it's on me. There is so much going on inside me that I need to let out in a safe space, and this blog is not the place for it. I need a breathing human being in front of me listening to me.

Ok, we only have about four more minutes for this free write. I hope the class has gotten more down than I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment