Thursday, February 27, 2020

Catching up

1:23pm. In the library. I'm feeling good today. Need to raise about $150 before tonight. I'm working on it and staying open. Overall my health is good but my knee is still fucking hurting really bad. I don't know what happened. It's been hurting like this for about a month. I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago just to make sure I didn't have blood clots or anything like that. They did an ultrasound and didn't find any. It really hurts though. Hurts when I walk. Hurts when I keep it still too long. Hurts after I swim. Just hurts. Doctor gave me a prescription for some pills but I'm not feeling pills right now. I'll limp for a minute. Registrations for my new workshops are coming in. That's good. Plus some people promised to pay on Wednesday. I don't count promises though. I count money. No disrespect I just know that real life shows up even in the face of promises made. I'm sitting in the comfortable chairs in the library and this guy is sitting in the chair across from me. He is getting his snore on and it's getting good to him. I'm all for people getting their rest but damn. Anyway, best new part of my life these days are my therapy sessions with my therapist. She's dope. The way she listens and even more, feedback she gives me and the questions she asks. Hardest part of my life these days is going down to Carson to give my aunt a bath. She has dementia. It runs heavily through my family. The work is not hard. She's not heavy she's my aunt. What is hard is seeing her go through this. I am honored to be with her. I wish she didn't have this horrible disease. Her spirit is good and she's often cheery but she doesn't know who I am. She knows my mother and talks about her often. I keep reminding her that I'm Patsy's daughter, Robin. "How are you Patsy's daughter?" And then she laughs and pats me on the back. This really is a horrible disease. I'll talk more later. I hope y'all are well.

Love yourselves

No comments:

Post a Comment