Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Sunday Stories (8)

I had another story in mind for today. I changed my mind as I started typing. This story is dedicated to me. Everyday we get some kind of message about the importance of taking care of ourselves. We don't though. Well, I don't. Didn't. I'm turning over a new leaf.
In the past, I pushed and pushed and kept pushing. Trust me, I paid for it. All the pushing took a toll on my mental and physical health. Often I pushed so hard because what was in front of me was more important than any cost to my mind and body.
One example is how I have handled my home health business. As recent as December and January I had clients who would request my available hours for the week and I would literally give them all of my availability. Including my sleeping hours. There were days I would have a client at 6am then go to my 9am then a 4pm then do an overnight from 9:30pm until the next morning. Looking back, I don't know how I was managing that kind of schedule. But I did pay for it. Even now, I'm dog tired but posting this story by midnight is more important than me sleeping. Time for a change. Good night, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment