Sunday, July 22, 2018

The African

I was just thinking about the time I had a date with this African guy. He was a friend of one of my coworkers. We were talking and I don't remember how we got on this conversation but we started talking about date rape. Yeah, why not? That's what you talk about on dates right? Anyway he said that in his country (I forgot where he was from) there was no such thing as date rape. He said that men pursued women and women were expected to resist for a little while. They were supposed to say no at first and act like they didn't want it. The men were supposed to keep pushing. Dude, shut the fuck up. But he didn't shut the fuck up. He kept going. On and on about the sex roles of men and women at the beginning of a sexual relationship. Needless to say we didn't get anywhere. Hopefully he's learned some truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment