Friday, March 2, 2012

The unwind free write

because sometimes i feel haunted by dead babies and children and women and fathers who tried and tried and they didnt make it to see the next day and i pretend its just for fictions sake but secretly i believe these dead babies and and children and mothers and fathers find me somehow to tell their stories because they know i will and if i dont there is no sleep for me that sounds crazy to you doesnt it tell the truth it sounds crazy to me to and perhaps i am just superstitious and maybe nothing will happen if i just come home and go to sleep but i cant manage that and now i want to go to bed because i had a long day and long and thankfully easy day but i have to get up early tomorrow and i want to go to bed but i just wrote a poem about a mother scrubbing the blood stain from the front of her house and the blood was belonged to her ten year old son who was shot and he did nothing and these stories keep coming and tamara told me that one about her neighbor and i dont remember if he was ten but he was young and i cried when i heard the story and that was years ago and i never forgot and i pray for my sons safety all the time all the time God please be with my son and I know God is and i still pray and this free write will not be edited just read or dont maybe go to bed and get some sleep but me i cannot do that just go to bed not now not before i say something stupid and funny and it doesnt even have to be funny to you as long as it makes me laugh because laughter will keep the stories away until the morning or whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment