Friday, March 2, 2012

Because Uraeus is a winner

I woke up this morning thinking about Uraeus. Well, I usually wake up and go to sleep and spend the day with my son on my mind. Today I was thinking about what an inspiration he is to me. I went to his track meet last week and he pulled a muscle and knew that he probably wouldn't run. So? I went to his meet to see him not run. What? Uraeus runs the 800 and at the last minute his coach put him in to run the 100 dash. I don't know why but he did and Uraeus ran it without all the "yeah buts." No, he didn't win but he ran and gave it is all. Pushed all the way through and after it was over he walked over to me and gave me the thumbs up. Our signal for I'm ok.

I know so many adults who won't even dare do anything they might not win. I can't tell you how many times I have been at shows and the promoter changed a performers order from third to first and the performer lost it! Talkin' yeah but city here.

He is a winner. This is how you play life. You roll with the changes and you win and you lose and keep playing and you give the thumbs up at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment