Ok, there is a game on Facebook where folks list a certain number of random facts about themselves. The number is assigned like this: if you like someone's random facts status then that person assigns you a number, and then you assign a number. Get it? Of course you do.
So Myshell Tabu assigned me the number fourteen two days ago so here goes:
1. I was a voice over actress on the radio soap "It's Your World."
2. I was the voice of "The G Spot" on the G4 network.
3. I was a phone sex operator.
4. I dated a ventriloquist who dumped me and married a mime. Maybe it was something I said.
5. I live with a disorder called bipolar 1. On my high days I swear I can fly and during lows I have considered suicide when the rainbow was enuf. But with an amazing team of doctors, a gang of pills, a bunch of prayer and one God, I make it through the day.
6. I know that God is bigger than any pronoun.
7. I am a kaztrizztilollion dollars in debt. Mostly hospital bills. And others.
8. Every year "I'm gonna let my hair grow out."
9. My favorite songs are "Just the two of us" by Bill Withers and "Closer to my dreams" by Goapele.
10. I really wish I had even a passable singing voice. I don't. But I love to sing. The song I sing when I'm pretending to be on stage is "Beautiful Anyway" by Nailah Porter.
11. As a photographer, the poet I love shooting the most on stage is Donny Jackson. I love fingers spread, arms everywhere.
12. My favorite hobby is posting random things in my blog.
13. My car has been in the shop hella long so I have maaad stories about the Crenshaw bus.
14. My son is my favorite person on the planet. But then you already know that so here are these facts as bonuses: a. I love Country and Western music. b. I love the Blues. c. I want Questlove to be a guest at Red Stories.