Thursday, November 14, 2013

NaNoWriMo - day 14 - No. Strangers. Here.

Everyday I walk past a few old men working in a shop. The shop belongs to Bennie. Bennie is beautiful and shiny black with white teeth and perfect old man skin. He is bald and was quite the looker in his younger days I bet. He is older than my father would be (if my father was here). He is kind and goes out of his way to say hello as I pass his shop and home. Today as I passed he said, "Jahad!" Because no matter how many times I correct him, he adds the d. "Jahad, I need to give you my number."

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know! In case somebody knock you over the head or somethin' and you need somebody to call." So I took his number and put it in my pocket. "Don't lose it now, gon an' put it in yo phone."

"Yes, Sir." And I smiled and kept goin'. I appreciate the people in my life. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment